A full service board-level volunteering programme, Step on Board, supports employees to volunteer as trustees of voluntary and charity sector organisations.
The programme is designed as an innovative, cost-effective and sustainable approach to employee professional development. Taking employees beyond the traditional avenues of leadership training and formal management education.
Comprehensive and tailored, we provide employees with training, skills-matching and coaching, whilst also enabling them to make a positive impact on the charities and causes they feel passionate about.
By joining the programme employees will be utilising their skills and experience to improve the performance of a charity and provide the strategic guidance and support needed to help make a charity deliver on its purpose. As board members they will make important decisions on how the charity is managed and operates and these decisions have a significant impact on both the charity and the community it serves.
Each Step on Board programme is tailored to each client’s specific needs and goals. A couple of our clients have opted for a programme targeting their senior staff; others have opened it up to all staff; while some have opted for a larger package of training courses for new and existing trustees in addition to the core elements of the programme.
During this process we offer;
- Guidance on how to communicate the programme internally
- Reading materials provided ahead of the 90 minute briefing session
- Monthly management information provided on participant engagement
- Physical or online progress and debrief meetings at 6 weeks, 12 weeks and on completion
- Participants invited to join Step on Board Alumni and Trustees Unlimited database